Monday, August 1, 2011

3rd Grade


 I really don't think I am being selfish when I say that it isn't fair that Cole is already in 3rd Grade!  Where did my little boy go?  He shouldn't be reading big chapter books, negotiating, playing baseball, going on long bike rides, learning cursive writing, and getting a little attitude :)  I should still be able to cuddle him and carry him from the couch to his bed if he falls asleep.  I should still be able to ask him to do something without "Why?" following my request.  I should be able to give him a hug in front of his friends.  I should be able to pick out his clothes for school and comb his hair any way I want.  3rd grade, really?  I love the little man he is turning into, but I do miss my little boy, too!
Cole is in year round school on track A so he is already back to school.  He has Mrs. Turner this year and loves her so far...especially because the classroom is in a portable.  Just like last year.  He is super excited because his friend Trae switched to track A and he gets to carpool with him.  He always gets so sad for summer to end, but loves school so he gets over it pretty quick.  I hope he loves all his 3rd grade experiences :)  

2 comments:

Ang Campbell said...

So grown up!!! I loved what you wrote about the things you miss about your little boy. Sometimes I watch my gargantuan "child" Ben wandering around the house and think "Who's that man in my house?!" It's shocking every now and then. And Brady is in fifth grade. *sigh*. They all grow up so much faster than we expect them to. Cole sounds like such a great kid. He'll do awesome in school again I just know it :) Miss you guys!!

Hansen Family said...

what cute boys! and i am glad that trae's hawk is gone!