Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Summer, Summer, Summer

That title was for all the High School Musical Fans-that is exactly how I feel-14 days and counting!!!! I only have 14 school days left and 4 of those are graduation week with only about 10 students coming to each class! You have no idea how excited I am to get a break. It has been so fun having warm weather lately and playing outside with the kids, but I am just so exhausted after working all day (outside) and then playing with the kids outside for a couple hours-I can't wait to crawl into bed. Yes, Damon is still working 12 hour shifts and getting only 2-3 hours sleep before having to go back to work so I definitely have no room f0r complaint-I am just shocked at how exhausting it is to chase 3 kids around outside, all of whom seem to run in opposite directions.
Cole has now mastered starting and stopping on his bike without any help. He made up a game today on his bike-seeing how far he could go before he had to stop, then adding turning around and coming back, then adding starting from the top of our driveway. He is loving the bike. Our driveway is not steep, you can barely see a slope in it, but he thinks it is a huge hill and screamed the first couple times he rode his bike down it. Too funny! He also got a pair of heelies (I have no idea how to spell it). It is fun to watch him try to roll around on his heels and get better and better each time he gives them a try.
Luke loves dirt-he is definitely all boy! He really could care less about his trike right now-the darn thing is still too big for him and he will not give it the time of day anymore, so now he will plop right down in the dirt and play. He really knows what he's doing because every night I have to spend forever giving Luke a shower (there's too much dirt in his hair for a bath) and getting the dirt out of his fingernails, earlobes, and anywhere else dirt likes to hide.
Ellee has discovered the little basket on the front of her trike. Every time we go out to play she spends forever choosing which one of her babies, care bears, or little ponies will get to go for a ride with her. It is so cute. She has also started lining all of her babies up and telling them to go "Night, night", or putting them on time out.
She and Luke also like to tell each other to go on time out whenever they are fighting over a toy or don't like what the other one is doing. I just like to sit back and laugh-they usually work it out themselves, Luke usually throws the toy at Ellee to get her to stop her fit, she then drops it within 15 seconds because she got her way, after which Luke grabs it and runs to the tent to play with his treasure where she can't find it. If he is not in the mood to share and humor her he climbs into the toy box with the toy and tells her to go on time out and that "It's mine!" Sometimes I am really not in the mood-and then other times I just sit back and watch them figure things out, it is so funny. I have noticed that Cole is very much a mediator between the two of them, trying to find different toys that they love so that they can both have something they love. When he really doesn't want them to get something of his that they are begging for he will climb onto his bunk bed to play where they can't reach him.

3 comments:

The Romig Chronicles said...

I have never seen High School Musical. That is sad, I really need to.

Aren't two year old imaginations wonderful! I love that Ellee makes selections on who is going to go for a spin with her. And Cole screaming on his bike going down the drive way. He is so funny!

I am so glad that Ruby has someone to play in the dirt with at family get togethers.

Angie & Willy said...

I love how Luke handles Ellee's demands hehehe. what a crack up!

Ben just got heelies recently (I hate the stupid things... swore we'd NEVER let our kids have them, but they were $2 at the DI so we couldn't resist). He still struggles with them. He's gotten better, but I just can't imagine how uncomfortable that must be to try to ride them. weird fad.

How about some video of Cole riding his bike?? ;)

Chase and Teresa said...

I love the updates on your kids. I wish Cole had worn his heelies to the party so we could see him skating around. You are such a good mom to let Luke just play in the dirt. I seriuosly have to fight the urge to stop my girls from getting dirty. That is so funny the twins put each other in time out. It is funny to see how kids mimic their parents.